Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Week 1

Welcome to The Multimedia Reporting Experience! I couldn't think of a better name for the blog, but it pretty much describes the gist of it. I'll be blogging through my experiences as a student in Lehigh's Journalism 198 class, naturally called Multimedia Reporting, from the peaks to the pits of it all. Enjoy.

My first entry corresponds with our first week in class, in which we learned how to use our dandy new Kodak Zi8 video cameras. These are powerful little machines, and remarkably simple for anyone to use. Our first assignment was to shoot short videos of each other, experiment with Windows Movie Maker and upload the resulting product to our
YouTube accounts.

Here's the first video I shot of fellow journalism student and
Brown and White colleague Liz Martinez.



For the second part of the assignment, I had to edit the original clip above into one question.



Admittedly, I've got quite a bit of experience editing videos through my past work in school and through internships. However, there's a catch -- I've only ever used Apple's iMovie. I'm not used to Movie Maker yet, but I'm confident that I'll be able to master it pretty quickly.

Anyway, that's it for this week. I can't wait to dive into the rest of the semester. I see great things happening with the course.

No comments:

Post a Comment