Monday, February 1, 2010

Trying to Form a Habit

I blog. I've had a blog for two and a half years now, and I do lots of blogging on it. I started this blog a few weeks ago, too. You could say I'm blog happy. Well versed in the ways of blogging. But I can't call myself a blogger. Not yet, at least.

You see, if one were to give himself the title of "blogger," that means he would have to engage in the practice regularly as a sort of profession, much like a doctor would call himself a doctor because that's what he does. But I haven't been able to find a rhythm as a blogger; I haven't disciplined myself enough to working blogging into my daily routine. Sure, with Stark (the aforementioned blog) I've gone through spurts where I throw up three or four posts a day for a couple weeks, but then I lose my mojo and can go days without posting anything. It's tough to commit to something like that on a regular basis. It's not that I'm any less interested in blogging during my dry patches, but something just always gets in the way from allowing me to do so.

I don't want to get in the same pattern with this blog. I'm already not blogging enough about the class, even though it's of great interest to me. But there's so much else going on that it becomes difficult to find time to set aside solely for blogging. I have to keep trying to stick with the routine I originally set out for myself: Blog on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. So far I haven't followed that schedule yet, but I vow on starting fresh today. In fact, after our lecture today, I promise I'll come back and work a post out of the material I learned. With any luck, maybe that regiment will carry over to Stark, too, even though I do that for fun and not for class credit. I've been neglecting my baby as of late, and I'm sure it won't be thrilled if I start spending all my time with another blog.

So here's to a new beginning of blogging, I hope. With any luck, by the end of the semester, maybe I can truly call myself a blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment